Click on the red arrows for photo - Per italiano premere qui
In the long history of Portobuffolè, until the final years of the 1800s, the space currently occupied by the building was occupied by the Church of San Giuseppe, commissioned by the patrician and noble Venetian family, the Cellini. In 1816 the church was deconsecrated, transferred to the State Property office (Demanio) and used as a salt warehouse, serving this purpose for many years. Its use as a warehouse ceased in 1853 and the state sold it to the Ciprian company. Precisely from this company, the Municipality of Portobuffolè purchased the former church and demolished it down to its foundations (year 1903), constructing the Building in that area.
The building was used as a school until the 1970s, and then used for the community until the 1990s (as a rectory, catechism classrooms, and even as lodging for the carabinieri commander).
In 2001, the building was sold by the Diocese of Vittorio Veneto to private individuals. The first renovation, which defined its spaces, structures, and revised its structural appearance, was completed in 2009. In 2024, the systems were updated with the introduction of home automation and the replacement of the Heat Pump.
Image of the Portobuffolè square in the late 1800s: on the left the square with the "monte di pietà" (pawn shop), on the right the Customs House (Dogana) can be distinguished, and in the center the Church of San Giuseppe, on which the building stands today
Image of the Portobuffolè square in the late 1960s: on the facade the stele dedicated to the soldiers, later repositioned under the "fontego" (in front of the town hall entrance)
Name: Alessandro Scarton
Email: alessandro.scarton@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3356969331